The American Board of Ophthalmology seeks a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and high-performing administrative professional to join our fast-paced remote office team. On a day-to-day basis, the Administrative Support Coordinator will serve as the heart and hub of the organization, providing friendly, timely, and accurate service to physicians and the public, and delivering top-notch clerical and administrative support to program staff.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Write and distribute emails, memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Process certificate orders, payments, and verification requests
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Provide clerical and logistical support for the administration of ABO programs and examinations
- Associate degree with dedicated coursework in business
- 3 years’ experience in an administrative or program support role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Exceptional phone and time management skills
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional growth
About the American Board of Ophthalmology
The American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) serves the public as the medical specialty board responsible for verifying the competencies of eye physicians and surgeons in the United States. The ABO sets high standards for knowledge, skills, and experience in the practice of ophthalmology and provides services to more than 20,000 ophthalmologists around the country.
The ABO recently shifted operations from its long-time Philadelphia-area headquarters to a virtual office environment; therefore, work is approximately 80% remote-based, with occasional travel to meetings in the Greater Philadelphia Area required. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, weekly. Salary range is $30-35K, DOE.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Meghan McGowan, Director of Communications and Experience.