Please select your desired enrollment pathway:
1. "Fast-Track" (for Reinstatement or Quick Recertification)
If you are a non-time-limited certificate holder (certified prior to 1992), "Fast-Track" is a 3-year recertification program that offers you the option to earn a voluntary recertification certificate in an abbreviated timeline. This award is above and beyond the certificate you already have. To earn the voluntary recertification certificate, you must complete all of the requirements listed below within three years:
- Medical Licensure: Hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- CME & Self-Assessment: Attest to completion of 250 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ obtained within the past 10 years.
- Quarterly Questions: Meet the annual passing standard on the Quarterly Questions program 3 times.
- Improvement in Medical Practice: Select an activity from the Improvement in Medical Practice menu.
- Fees: The total cost of recertification is $2,000.
If you are interested in a traditional 10-year program timeline instead, see the Annual Enrollment option below.
Former Diplomates: If your certificate has lapsed (not as a result of a disciplinary action), Fast Track is an option for you to become reinstated. Any activities you completed during your most recent 10‐year cycle will remain valid for up to three years following the expiration of your certificate. You may apply these activities toward meeting the requirements of the Fast-Track program. However, once the initial three‐year window has closed, all activities completed during the previous 13 years will expire. Individuals who have been decertified for a period of four or more years may submit an application to begin Fast-Track with a clean slate and will be granted three years to complete all activity requirements in effect at the time of application.
Select the "Fast Track" option at the bottom of this page to submit your enrollment form.
2. Annual Enrollment
If you are a non-time-limited certificate holder (certified prior to 1992) who wishes to voluntarily begin the process and earn the public reporting status of "Participating in Continuing Certification," you have the option to complete the components listed below over a 10-year period. Successful completion of the program at the end of 10 years will reward you with a voluntary recertification certificate, in addition to the certificate you already have.
Select the "Annual Enrollment" option below to submit your enrollment form.
- Medical Licensure: Hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine at all times.
- CME & Self-Assessment: Every 2 years, attest to the completion of at least 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ , including 16 credits that qualify as self-assessment. Attest to completion of one activity that qualifies as patient safety.
- Quarterly Questions: Meet the annual passing standard for Quarterly Questions at least 5 times within the 10-year period.
- Improvement in Medical Practice: Complete two activities from the Improvement in Medical Practice menu.
- Fees: The total cost of recertification is $2,000, paid annually in $200 increments.