Please select your desired MOC pathway:
1. "Fast-Track" MOC for Reinstatement or Voluntary Recertification
"Fast-Track" MOC is a 3-year recertification process for former diplomates or non-time-limited certificate holders interested in recertifying within an abbreviated timeline. Participants must complete all of the MOC components listed below within the 3-year application window:
- Part 1: Professionalism & Professional Standing: Hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- Part 2: Commitment to Lifelong Learning & Self-Assessment: Attest to completion of 250 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ obtained within the past 10 years.
- Part 3: Assessment of Knowledge, Judgment & Skills: Meet the annual passing standard on the Quarterly Questions program 3 times.
- Part 4: Improvement in Medical Practice: Select an activity from the Improvement in Medical Practice menu.
Note for Former Diplomates: Any activities completed during the most recent 10‐year MOC cycle remain valid for up to 3 years following certificate expiration. This means that diplomates may apply these activities toward meeting the requirements of the MOC Fast-Track recertification process. However, once the initial 3‐year window has closed, all MOC activities completed during the previous 13 years become invalid. Individuals who have been decertified for a period of 4 or more years may submit an application to begin MOC Fast-Track with a clean slate and will be granted 3 years to complete all MOC requirements in effect at the time of application.
Select the "Fast Track" button at the bottom of this page to submit your MOC enrollment form to the ABO office.
2. Annual MOC Enrollment
Non-time-limited certificate holders certified prior to 1992 who wish to voluntarily enroll in the annual MOC process and earn the public reporting status of Participating in MOC must complete the components listed below, over a 10-year timeframe:
- Part 1: Professionalism & Professional Standing: Hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine at all times.
- Part 2: Lifelong Learning & Self-Assessment: Every 2 years, attest to the completion of at least 50 CME, including 16 credits that qualify as self-assessment. Attest to completion of 1 activity that qualifies as patient safety.
- Part 3: Assessment of Knowledge, Judgment & Skills: Meet the annual passing standard for Quarterly Questions at least 5 times within the 10-year period.
- Part 4: Improvement in Medical Practice: Complete 2 activities from the Improvement in Medical Practice menu.
Diplomates engaged in this process will be listed as "Participating in MOC" on the ABO's public Verify a Physician tool. Diplomates who successfully complete the 10-year process will earn voluntary recertification.
Select the "Annual MOC" option below to submit your MOC enrollment form to the ABO office.