Claiming CME for Improvement in Medical Practice Activities
Diplomates who register for an Improvement in Medical Practice Activity may claim up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ upon successful completion of the PIM.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Ophthalmology. The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians. The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this Performance Improvement CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with extent of their participation in the activity.
AAO CONTACTS: If you experience difficulty with your membership login or CME transfer, please contact AAO Member services: 1-415-561-858, or 866-561-8558 (toll free, United States only). If you experience difficulty accessing the AAO CME Central website due to server outages or other technical issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvement in Medical Practice Activity CME credits are:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ awarded by the AAO through joint sponsorship with the ABO. These credits are not awarded by the ABO.
- Awarded only to those who register for and complete the activity after the date of original release, February 18, 2014, per ACCME and AAO regulations
- Awarded upon completion of the entire process, unlike most other performance improvement activities
- Available to be claimed up to two times in total
- Claimed by clicking a unique link at the end of the activity, which guides the diplomate to AAO's CME Central login, and the AAO's familiar two-step CME claiming process
- Listed on the AAO CME transcript once they have been claimed, like other AAO CME and can be transferred to ABO upon clicking 'Transfer CME Credits to the ABO'
- Applicable to self-assessment CME requirements
- Confirmed through the appearance of the ACCME Accreditation Statement on the CME Disclosures & Overview page of the activity: "This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Ophthalmology. The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians."